Addicted to Coupons? Holiday Shopping Tips & Tricks that Can Help…
With 2014 Holiday retail sales expected to rise 4.1% over 2013, that means busier stores, more traffic and dreaded lines…By choosing to shop online instead, holiday shoppers can avoid much, if not all of the aforementioned frenzy. Further, with Thanksgiving day being later this year, the number of shopping days before Christmas will be shortened, pushing retailers to pony up in the form of steeper discounts, increased promotions, and more lucrative coupons – a deal shoppers, aka coupon addicts, dream!
Founder, Travis Bowman, created EdealsEtc.com after spending countless hours hunting for bargains and coupons online one holiday season. “I like knowing that I’m not paying full price and I know families are crunched these days, so I decided to provide a place where shoppers can easily find the sort of coupons and deals to do just that, without leaving the comfort of home.”
EdealsEtc.com offers a few tips for frugal shoppers this holiday season:
- 2014 Key Shopping Days – Be aware of the days that retailers typically offer their highest savings:
November 28 – Black Friday. It’s not necessary to leave the house to take advantage of most deals. Here is an up to date list of Black Friday deals and coupons: http://www.edealsetc.com/coupon-tag/black-friday-coupons/
November 30 – Cyber Sunday. Keep an eye on this one, it’s new this year!
December 1 – Cyber Monday. Big discounts are offered by online retailers. Here is an update to date list of Cyber Monday deals and coupons: http://www.edealsetc.com/coupon-tag/cyber-monday-coupons/
December 8 – Green Monday. The second Monday in December, retailers offer increasing discounts.
December 18 – Free Shipping Day. Marks the day which most online orders can be shipped via ground methods and still arrive before Christmas, many retailers offer free shipping deals and coupons on or right before that day: http://www.edealsetc.com/coupon-tag/free-shipping-coupons/
- Free Shipping: Shipping can be up to 50% of the cost for smaller items, utilize free shipping coupons or deals and stay home.
- Gift Cards – Gift cards are great in a pinch, but we recommend holding off on gift card purchases until after 12/18, free shipping day. A large number of retailers have e-gift cards for an instant gift option.
- In-Store Pick-up: Particularly useful the week of Christmas, after the deadline for ground shipping, or free shipping offers has passed. Your gift will be ready for you, paid for, and you can even have it gift wrapped sometimes for free, or for a small price.
- Credit Card Rewards: Double dip with discounts and coupons by purchasing with credit cards that offer lucrative points or cash back offers. Give yourself more time to pay things off too.
- Payment Options: Look for payment options that offer discounts, such as Google Checkout, PayPal, or Bill Me Later. Often you can stack a coupon these checkout options.
- Return Policies: Shop merchants with flexible return policies that allow you to bring returns to a physical store or use prepaid return labels from home.
Here are five retailers that our visitors give top rankings, offering strong value with discounts, coupons, free shipping, and easy returns.
Amazon – Really they have set the bar for free shipping. Amazon rose it’s free shipping threshold from $25 to $35 almost a year ago now, but it’s still a very competitive deal. They do offer Amazon coupons and if you want it faster, sign up for Amazon Prime and get everything within two days.
Brookstone – Although they have a ton of stores all across the U.S. they also have several options, as in Brookstone coupons, to get your order shipped for free right to your home. They offer returns to stores as an option too.
Hammacher – You might never find a more interesting place to buy a cool and fun gift for someone, or just a toy for yourself! They also have a full lifetime guarantee and a few Hammacher coupons for free or discounted shipping.
Shop Happy Folks!
For Immediate Release
To learn more about this article, please contact:
EdealsEtc.com Coupon & Deal Site located in the Sarasota, Florida area just south of Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg – http://www.EdealsEtc.com/