Are you looking for ways to truly stack up the savings at the grocery store? I think everyone is, and there are a growing number of mobile apps that can literally STACK the savings on top of regular print coupons, yes those still exist! If you are like me, it’s sometimes a challenge to keep up with all the ways to save while stocking up the pantry, or buying supplies for little Johnny. To that end, here are our top five (5) apps to help you star saving more by combing manufacturer printed coupons with digital e-coupons at your local grocery store:
- Cartwheel App from Target is one the easiest ways to save at Target! It’s a smart way to save money without having to clip any coupons. The app is for both phone platforms, and essentially you review the items they have digital e-coupons for, select the ones you want and then scan the barcode right off the phone at the checkout counter. It is also good to note, that you can select the coupons before leaving the house online on any browser in advance, that way when you arrive at the store you simply pull up the app, scan and you’ve made your savings. Additionally important is the fact that you may stack the Cartwheel digital coupons with any printed manufacturers coupon OR printed Target branded coupon – these may be found on their website at http://coupons.target.com/.
- ibotta App is a reasonably new kid on the block, but has taken the grocery coupon market by surprise. Anyone with an iPhone, iPod, iPad, or Android device can start cashing in with the new ibotta app and earn extra cash back on lots of brands in a ton of grocery stores. You can double up, and use ibotta STACKED with manufacturer coupons (printed or from your local newspaper) and sales, so this makes ibotta a true value without having to print anything out whatsoever. We were able to do our test shop and earn $7 the first time with the app, not bad considering we didn’t have to do much or carry any coupons around.In a nut shell, using the free app, consumers earn cash rewards for answering trivia questions, receiving a recipe, watching videos and/or providing feedback on their favorite grocery products, then purchasing the products at a participating grocery store, including Target, Walmart, Publix, CVS, Family Dollar, Winn-Dixie, Bi-Lo, Dollar General, H-E-B, Kroger, Meijer, Ralphs, Safeway, Wegmans to name just a few.
- Savings Catcher App from Walmart is an app created by Walmart with the idea that you no longer have to research the local deals and coupons to save. Simply download the free app and sign up, then site back and trust that Walmart will “catch” the savings of the items you purchased against their competitors (think Target). How does it work? You take a picture of the bar code on your receipt with the app or type in your receipt number and within 72 hours receive the difference in savings on a Walmart e-gift card.
- SavingStar App works like this…You first sign up and/or log in to your SavingStar account, which will also give you the option to then download the phone app for either Android or iPhone. Then you have to add your store loyalty card, for example CVS, BJ’s, Winn Dixie, or Kmart. Once you completed this step you can actually use SavingStar by digitally “loading” coupons into your account. Then go shopping at any of the stores that you have linked up OR they also work with stores that aren’t connected to any loyalty card by scanning (taking a picture of) the receipt! So for example, if they have 20% off the purchase of any single purchase of Starbucks Items you would need to first load the 20% off Starbucks SavingStar to your account by clicking “add”. Then you head to the store.
- Shopkick App is a free location-based rewards mobile app available for the iPhone and Android phones. Users can earn “kicks” (rewards) by walking into participating stores, scanning the barcodes on a specific product, as well as receive unique digital coupons that they may use immediately from their phone in-store. Earned kicks can be converted into various gift card options, including Starbucks, Target, Lowes, movie certificates, and a ton of other cool items. So essentially while already in your grocery store, you can rack up points for things you are already doing (walking in, scanning products throughout the store, etc).Participating stores include Aldi, Costco, Target, Walmart, Publix, Winn Dixie, Sams Club, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, to name just a few.
Until next time, enjoy your online shopping and remember to “Shop Happy”.
The EdealsEtc.com Team!
For Immediate Release
To learn more about this article, please contact:
EdealsEtc.com Coupon & Deal Site located in the Sarasota, Florida area just south of Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg – http://www.EdealsEtc.com/