TurboTax.com Review & Coupons: File Online for both Federal & State Taxes for 2013 and Save With Exclusive TurboTax Coupons.
TurboTax is a almost a household name in tax filing, both online and off (software based) and has been around in one form or the other since the mid-1980’s. Behind TurboTax are tax experts including CPAs, EAs, and Tax Attorneys with years of experience, not a few weeks of training, so you can feel confident your taxes are done right.
Here are some pro’s and con’s:
- Simple step by step questionnaire guides you seamlessly through the entire filing process.
- Can file online anytime of day, 24/7.
- File and receive your refund electronically, including direct deposit to your bank account at no charge.
- Free filing for select simple tax scenarios (Simple/1040EZ filers).
- Dedicated filing section for military personnel and reservists.
- Start and complete your taxes for free. Only pay when you actually file.
- Both state & federal forms are all available.
- Tax consultation with tax experts available if needed for a fee.
- Optional Audit Protection is available to cover you for a reasonable fee.
- Phone app available to allow you to scan your w-2 forms for seemless integration.
- Tax consultants via the phone are at an additional fee.
- State returns are charged additionally.
According to TurboTax, if you receive a larger refund or a smaller tax due from any other tax preparation method they will refund you the applicable purchase you paid. In addition, all calculations are 100% guaranteed for accuracy which means if there is an error TurboTax will pay your penalty and and interest.
- Claims must be filed within 60 days of filing date
- Tax Expert, Audit Defense and other non-filing fees are non-refundable.