Best Gas Station Rewards Programs to Save at the Pump in 2022.
Did you know that nearly every gas station has a rewards program of some sort? With gas prices being what they are with the war going on with Russia and the Ukraine we realize that anything one can do to cut fuel costs at the pump is desirable! Being frugal, I see no reason to pass up some of these amazing rewards and discounts for buying gas and items you already buy for these basic reasons: 1.) Joining is typically free, 2.) Discounts earn you as much as 50 cents off per gallon, and 3.) They are not credit card dependent. Navigating the different gas rewards programs can be daunting, so let’s point you in the right direction with discounts ripe for the taking!
UPDATED: July 14, 2022
- BP Driver Rewards: For every $100 spent on BP fuel at participating locations through September 1st when you use your BP Driver Rewards card. After September 1st you will receive a 10¢ off per gallon reward. BP throws in various additional coupons and bonus offers throughout the year as well, so watch your email once you sign up.
- Exxon Mobile Plenti Rewards: Get 1 point for every gallon of gas purchased, 2 points for every $1 in non-fuel purchases. The rewards program is administered by American Express as they are part of the Plenti rewards program, meaning you can also get points with a growing list of other retailers, currently including AT&T, Enterprise, Hulu, Macy’s and Rite Aid. You don’t need an American Express card and if you join any of the other partners your point balance is collected in one single pool for your use.
- Shell Fuel Rewards: Join the Shell Fuel Rewards program and receive 25 cents off per gallon on your 2nd gas fill up, and 3 cents per gallon OR 5 cents per gallon each and every time after that. Additional bonus cent off deals are emailed to you, and purchasing from partners of the Fuel Rewards network also can secure you some extra savings, including select local restaurants, grocery stores including Winn Dixie and others. You don’t have to link a credit card to your gas rewards account, but if you do link a Mastercard, currently they give you another one time bonus of 25 cents off. This one is my personal favorite.
- MAPCO Rewards: Earn 5 points for every gallon pumped and 10 points for every dollar spent in the store on qualifying merchandise. Of course you also get 3 cents off per gallon of gas every fill up, up to 200 gallons a month. They currently are offering 500 bonus points, 20 cents off your first fill-up and a free Pepsi Mango or Mt Dew Major Melon when you register with MY Reward. They do have a mobile app for iPhone or Android which you can look through to redeem your points the way you want to.
- Speedway Speedy Rewards: Earn on everything from food, to drinks, to fuel at the pump. They also have bonus offers that can score you a free car wash, free beverages or free energy drinks. The card is free and can be picked up at any station, they keep you up to date with a mobile app for iPhone or Android which you can look through to redeem your points the way you want to.
- Sunoco APLUS Rewards: Their program keeps it simple, the more you buy, the more you save on gas. Pick your card up at any gas station. You don’t even have to register your card, but it would be advisable and the bottom of your receipt tells you your current rewards level.
- Circle K Easy Rewards: If you have any Circle K branded gas stations nearby, sign up and get 10 points for every gallon of fuel OR 20 points for every dollar spent on food, snacks and non-alcoholic drinks. Redeem for $2 for after hitting 2,000 points. Oh, and they also offer special deals and coupons from time to time as a bonus. You need to grab a card at your local Circle K, then sign up in their free app or online which will link your rewards number to your account.
- Kroger Fuel Points Program – The Kroger fuel program allows you to receive savings of up to $1.00 off per gallon one one fuel purchase up to 35 gallon at Kroger, Turkey Hill and participating Shell stations. Each increment of 100 fuel points (up to 1,000 point) you will receive $0.10 per gallon.
- Phillips 66 KickBack Rewards: You will get KickBack points for every dollar spent on gas and food. Head to any local Phillips 66 gas station to get a rewards card first, then register it online or via the app which you can download free.
- Tom Thumb Rewards: Use your card when you buy gas, or food items including groceries. Get 10 cents off per gallon when you spend $100 or more in gas, 20 cents off per gallon when you spend $200, or $1 off per gallon when you spend $1,000 or more. You can keep track of your rewards with a free mobile app or simply look at the bottom of your receipt.
- Wawa Rewards: First purchase any gift card at a station or online, then register it at the web site provided. After that you swipe your card for every purchase, earning a reward for each $50 you spend at any Wawa gas station. You can even download their mobile app, link a credit card and pay with your app if you so choose (optional).
- Maverik Adventure Club – Join the Maverik gas stations Adventure Club and get $ 2 cents off every gallon of gas, plus points towards other free items. Downside is, Maverik stations are only currently found in Utah.
- Murphy Drive Rewards – Join the Murphy Drive fuel rewards and get 100 points just for filling out your profile, plus bonus points for various surveys. The 100 points gets you a FREE drink, varying from station and region to region. If you use a Walmart gift card you get 3 cents off each time. Otherwise you earn points and cash them in for up to $1 off per gallon in gas / fuel discounts. We recommend downloading the app for iPhone or Android to get the most out of it. You get points for food and drink purchases as well. Murphy is nationwide too.
Hope you enjoy your new found savings on gas. Additionally, check out our article on birthday freebies:
Until next time, enjoy your online shopping and remember to “Shop Happy”.
The EdealsEtc.com Team!
P.S. Join us on Facebook or Twitter, keep in the loop on everything frugal.
For Immediate Release
To learn more about this article, please contact:
EdealsEtc.com Coupon & Deal Site located in the Sarasota, Florida area just south of Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg – https://www.EdealsEtc.com/